Provide direct care and assume primary responsibility for clinical management of patients in ambulatory, operating room, emergency department, and inpatient settings. Obtain patient histories, perform physical examinations, order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests, prescribe medications, and develop treatment plans. Direct or participate in case management and continuing care. Collaborate, refer, and consult with department attending physicians, specialists, and other members of the health care team to deliver effective, efficient, safe, and high quality care. Contribute to organizational and departmental continuous performance and quality improvement projects. Participate in education and research efforts for patients, families, and the health care team.
- Master’s degree in nursing with a concentration in a pediatric or family nurse practitioner program.
- One year acute care pediatric work experience as an advanced practice provider.
- Active, unencumbered registered nurse and advanced registered nurse practitioner licensure in the State of Washington.
- Current national certification as a pediatric or family nurse practitioner.
- Active Drug Enforcement Authority registration.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Active clinical privileges as an Allied Health Provider, Seattle Children’s Hospital.
- Prior to start of employment, must obtain, and maintain in good standing, medical or allied health professional staff privileges that are not limited, revoked, suspended, conditioned, or probationary, except for normal probationary periods due to initial appointment. All medical and allied health professional staff members are provisional for the first year.
- Any and all medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children's will terminate automatically upon the termination of the individual's employment at Children's. Termination of employment does not prohibit the individual from seeking medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children’s as a non-employee in any category for which the individual qualifies. Questions regarding medical or allied health professional staff privileges may be directed to Medical Staff Services.
- Two years experience in a nurse practitioner or physician assistant role.
- Two years experience in pediatric health care.