Responsible for working with department/program leadership to develop, implement and support hospital strategic initiatives to continually improve medication safety practices. Partners with the Medication Safety Officer and the Medical Director, Medication Safety to identify and promote best practices for medication safety across the organization. Assists in the facilitation of medication safety process improvements. Plans, develops and executes complex and comprehensive program management and continuous improvement program supporting established goals and timelines . Acts as an integration and dissemination specialist to transfer knowledge and mobilize key tactics for improvement and project activities. Facilitate effective communication with all stakeholders, including external stakeholders as appropriate. Manages and oversees specific projects as needed to improve medication safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health care or related field.
- Five (5) years experience leading quality improvement initiatives in a health care setting.
- Five (5) years experience managing programs or projects.
- Minimum five (5) years working in a clinical practice setting
- Demonstrated experience in leading multi-disciplinary team to make safety improvements
Required Credentials: N/A
- RN license
- Masters in Health Administration, business, or health care-related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and or Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) Certification.
- Experience successfully developing relationships across all sectors of the health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead improvement efforts related to safety strategic goals.
- Experience analyzing improvement data and working with internal clients to analyze and develop improvement strategies.
- Knowledge of and experience using continuous improvement/Lean methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of and experience using HPI and NCCMERP methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to explain, present or discuss difficult information and gain group consensus.
- Demonstrated experience in development of education and training programs for staff
- Experience leading Apparent Cause Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, and FMEA events
- Experience in project managing large complex organizational initiatives that cross all departments and roles.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and function effectively as part of a team.