Member of the orthopedic team responsible for providing patient care. Duties include but are not limited to rooming patients, patient screening, patient procedures, implementing treatment plans and follow up care. Performs associated clerical tasks including chart preparation, stocking clinic supplies and answering phones. Provides assistance with clinic daily operations and flow.
- High School or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Must be eligible to sit for the Certified Orthopedic Technologist exam as administered by the NAOT or Registered Orthopedic Technologist examination as administered by ASOP and must successfully complete certification exam within 12 months of hire date.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Current Medical Assistant- Certificated designation by Washignton Departmetn of Health (DOH)
- One of the following certifications: Current Certified medical assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
**Preferred**, Registered medical assistant certification through American Medical Technologists (AMT), Clinical medical assistant certification through the National Health Career Association (NHA) or National certified medical assistant through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- One year Orthopedic experience.
- Medical Assistant experience in Pediatrics, Urgent Care experience and/or Medical screening and immunization
- Current Certification as a Medical Assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Medical Assistant or medical office experience