Respiratory Educator position with Seattle Children’s Home Care Services is based out of the Bothell Home Care location. Commuting to and from the main hospital campus and patient homes within patient service area is required, mileage reimbursement provided per policy.
Respiratory Educators provide patient and caregiver respiratory-based education, direct and indirect care for pediatric patients receiving respiratory in-home medical equipment.
Bring the hospital room to home—setting up respiratory equipment that ranges between a nebulizer to a full ventilator setup. Work closely and collaborate with medical care teams at main campus in order to coordinate a safe discharge for the patient. Help bridge the gap between the family and the hospital.
Troubleshooting for families who are experiencing alarms, equipment problems, or have questions.Participation in rotating on-call support for after-hours, weekends, and holidays is required
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Use of an automobile for transportation and proof of insurance.
- Per the driver's license requirement noted below, must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
- Licensed in the State of Washington (LRCP) on current active status.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- Current Washington State driver’s license.
- Copy of required education for this position (diploma or transcript) must be submitted upon hire.
- One year of pediatric respiratory critical care and two years of pediatric home care experience.