Provide direct care and assume primary responsibility for clinical management of patients in ambulatory or inpatient settings. Obtain patient histories, perform physical examinations, order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests, prescribe medications, and develop treatment plans. Direct or participate in case management and continuing care. Collaborate, refer, and consult with department attending physicians, specialists, and other members of the health care team to deliver effective, efficient, safe, and high quality care. Contribute to organizational and departmental continuous performance and quality improvement projects. Participate in education and research efforts for patients, families, and the health care team.
- Physician Assistant prepared at the masters level with a concentration in Physician Assistant studies.
- Additional formal post-masters training for the Physician Assistant role in neonatology.
- One year work experience in a neonatal intensive care unit, Level II or higher.
- Active, unencumbered Physician Assistant licensure in the State of Washington.
- Initial certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Active Drug Enforcement Authority registration.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) (as per United States standards).
- Active clinical privileges as an Allied Health Provider, Seattle Children’s Hospital.
- Prior to start of employment, must obtain, and maintain in good standing, medical or allied health professional staff privileges that are not limited, revoked, suspended, conditioned, or probationary, except for normal probationary periods due to initial appointment. All medical and allied health professional staff members are provisional for the first year.
- Any and all medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children's will terminate automatically upon the termination of the individual's employment at Children's. Termination of employment does not prohibit the individual from seeking medical or allied health professional staff privileges at Children’s as a non-employee in any category for which the individual qualifies. Questions regarding medical or allied health professional staff privileges may be directed to Medical Staff Services.
- Experience in the neonatal Physician Assistant role.
- Experience in a Level III NICU as a PA-C.