Support Seattle Children’s compliance with the Privacy Rule Standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and other patient privacy-related state and federal regulations.
The successful candidate will bring investigative skills, the ability to think outside the box and find creative solutions and do so without jumping to conclusions and keeping a positive attitude.
Healthcare experience is highly preferred. Those with leadership and/or research experience are preferred as well.
Must feel comfortable speaking in front of groups as well as patients and families.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Information Technology, law, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a professional work environment, preferably in a Hospital setting.
- Experience with health care compliance programs.
- Experience with staff training processes.
- Experience with Cerner or Epic medical records
Certified Healthcare Compliance (CHC) and/or CHC-Privacy (or take CHC-P exam and achieve certification no later than 24 months from hire date.)
OR - Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).