Provide technical support and assistance to pharmacy staff under supervision of a clinical pharmacist and following established procedures. Prepare, distribute, and deliver medications. Control inventory, provide customer service, perform data entry, and perform record keeping functions.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduation from Washington Board of Pharmacy accredited pharmacy technician training program, or equivalent.
- Current Washington State Pharmacy Technician Certification.
- Copy of required education for this position (diploma or transcript) must be submitted upon hire.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
- Hospital/Home Care pharmacy experience.
- Prepare IV admixtures: large volume parenterals, syringes, chemotherapy, specialty drips, compounded preparations, investigational medications, reconstitute antibiotics.
- Assist pharmacist in processing emergency kits and home care prescriptions.
- Assist pharmacist in filling home care drug orders.
- Maintain equipment and help resolve equipment problems.
- Document hood cleaning and refrigerator temperatures.
- Clean and calibrate compounders.