As the Director of Research Finance you will be responsible for the management and leadership of the Office of Research Finance (ORF), identifying trends and playing a leading role in setting the strategic direction of Seattle Children's Research finance team. You will be a member of SCRI’s administrative management team and be responsible for the overall operation of the function of the office and the administration of research finance from award set-up through award close-out. You will collaborate closely with the Office of Sponsored Research, SCRI’s research division internal and external stakeholders and partners including Principal Investigators, SCRI Center Administrative personnel and sponsor organizations to ensure timely and accurate accounting and financial reporting of external sponsored research in compliance with federal and external sponsor regulations and requirements. In addition, you are accountable for timely and accurate accounting, as well as financial/budgetary reporting of internally sponsored research. Provides oversight and directs the implementation of internal operations in the research finance department; manages a significant operating budget and provides leadership for the Research Finance team.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights
Required Education/Experience :
- Master’s or Advanced Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Research Administration or related field or a combination of equivalent education and experience demonstrating an advanced level of competence.
- At least seven years of progressive financial accounting/finance experiences.
- At least five years of management experience ideally involving accounting and financial management.
- At least three years of research administration or health care experience.
- CPA designation.
- Six years of research administration experience.
- Experience in Research Enterprise within Healthcare Provider environment funded in part by Federal awards.