Under the direction and supervision of a RN or licensed PMHS, the PMHS assistant is responsible for the age appropriate coaching and supervision to patients and families while hospitalized on the Inpatient Psychiatric Unit. Commitment to providing interventions which are non-punitive in an effort to support our seclusion/restraint free environment. Must be able to present in a non defensive stance when working with peers, patients and families while constantly self reflecting in order to grow and develop professionally. Work in an environment where the pace is very fast and the challenges are constant.
- BA or BS preferably in psychosocial related field.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Current Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration in Washington State within 3 months of employment.
- Current Washington State Registered Nursing Assistant required within 3 months of employment.
- Experience working with children or adolescents in group settings.
- American Sign Language Skills.