This is an Ambulatory Services RN position for General Surgery clinic. In addition to Seattle main campus, work locations may include but not limited to Bellevue, Everett, Federal Way, and TriCities. Flexibility is required for work hours to cover clinics and specialty care coordination, and also to flex up to help the team with vacation coverage. General Surgery clinic does not currently occur on weekends, but future changes could potentially include Saturdays.
Skills and abilities include, but are not limited to triage and telephone nursing, pre op and post op teaching for simple to highly complex surgeries, meticulous documentation, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and complex care coordination. Care coordination work regularly involves multispecialty teams.
Anticipate highly preferred candidates will have at least one of the following:
-experience in pediatric surgical unit nursing or pediatric hematology/oncology nursing
-experience in pediatric ambulatory nursing
-proven ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team which includes, but not limited to, RNs, MDs, APPs, Medical Assistants, and dieticians.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Two (2) years of current RN experience OR one (1) year of current RN experience in an inpatient unit, Ambulatory clinic, Emergency Room, or Urgent Care.
- Current Washington State RN License
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Experience in pediatric surgical unit nursing or pediatric hematology/oncology nursing
- Experience in pediatric ambulatory nursing
- Proven ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team