Responsible for the collection of relevant, pertinent, accurate and timely professional fee diagnosis and/or procedural codes abstracted from physician documentation per practice plan and CMS/HCFA guidelines. The Coder will work in close collaboration with compliance, clinical departments, physicians and SCH Revenue Cycle team members. Performs other duties as assigned and may be responsible for working account problems in EPIC.
- Completion of credentialed Professional Fee Coding Course
- Minimum of two years experience in medical coding or coding related experience.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC through AHIMA), or Certified Coding Specialist - Physician (CCS-P through AHIMA).
- AHIIMA: RHIT, RHIA, CCS, or CCS-P, or from AAPC - either CPC, COC, CIC, CRC, CPMA, or CPCO.
- Experience in a Pediatric setting.