Optimize drug therapy for hematology/oncology clinic patients, including: provide medication counseling for newly diagnosed patients at time of hospital discharge, provide ongoing medication adherence support for families requiring assistance understanding their medication regimen, coordinate dispensing of oral investigational medications and counsel patients regarding appropriate use and possible side effects, review chemotherapy orders for accuracy prior to transcribing orders in clinical information system, assist with insurance approval for complex outpatient medication regimens, and provide education regarding drug therapy to patients and caregivers. Provide information to parents, patients, and staff concerning dosage, interactions, incompatibilities, adverse effects, administration, and appropriate use of medications. Apply the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate interactions with staff, patients and families of all ages.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Three years experience working with oncology patients or must have completed a specialty residence in Oncology.
- Licensed by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy as a pharmacist.
- Pediatric hospital pharmacy experience and/or Pediatric Residency Training.
- Advanced degree in pharmacy.
- Licensed pharmacy preceptor.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed