Responsible for scheduling accurate and timely appointments and modeling Seattle Children’s core values by providing excellent, quality customer experiences for Seattle Children’s patients, families and clinic partners. Coordinators are assigned to a scheduling team, with a primary location at either the Contact Center or the Hospital, but with responsibilities and rotations at both locations. Scheduling Coordinators serve as the first point of contact for patients and families seeking care in our Ambulatory Specialty Clinics and scheduling roles may involve coordination of scheduling across specialties. Scheduling Coordinators provide valuable information and reassurance to families; demonstrating empathy, high attention to detail, aptitude at multi-tasking, effective prioritization and commitment to teamwork. The Coordinator works collaboratively with team members to provide quality service to ensure delivery of safe patient care. Staff in this role communicate frequently in a variety of formats with our many partners, both internal to SCH and outside our organization.
Positions available include 1.0 FTE, 0.8FTE, 0.7FTE, and temporary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service and/or administrative support experience.
- Experience using computers with a high degree of accuracy.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three (3) years experience working in a health care setting or related field.
- Significant experience working with the general public in a health care/customer service environment.
- Familiarity with other cultures/bilingual skills.