GI/Endoscopy Nursing at Seattle Children’s Hospital supports patient safety during Endoscopy procedures, including colonoscopy, endoscopic retrograde cholagnio pancreatography (ERCP), flexible sigmoidoscopy, liver biopsy, percutaneous endoscopy gastrostomy placement, small bowel enteroscopy, upper endoscopy, and GI motility studies. Nursing care consists of, but is not limited to starting IVs, supporting patients during induction of anesthesia, set-up and breakdown scopes for procedures, work in the tech role during procedures, case circulation, and connecting with families for pre-procedure phone calls. We provide care to newborns-adults. It is a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team, including Gastroenterologists, anesthesiologists, nurses, fluoroscopy, and ultrasound. Hours of operations in the Endoscopy lab are Monday-Friday 7:00a- 5:30p. Weekends and after hours/calls support is offered for urgent procedures. There are required on-call expectations (shifts vary) for this role.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum 18 months of nursing experience in an acute care, ICU, or PACU setting.
-Current Washington State RN License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions.
Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- Successfully obtain PALS within 90-days of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Current Pediatric nursing experience.
- Current Endoscopy lab nursing experience.
- Recent procedural nursing experience (i.e. IR, GI Procedures, Endoscopy, Cardiac Cath Lab, OR).
-Previous procedural experience preferred (Endoscopy lab, Interventional Radiology, Cardiac Cath Lab)
-Previous critical care experience preferred (ICU, Emergency Department ,PACU, OR)