Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate medical assistant support staff; and manage clinic flow start up and control through continuous monitoring and response. Work collaboratively with management on department processes, budget, staffing and personnel issues; model excellent service quality standards; participate in identifying, developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives; and maintain/support systems used by the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from an ABHES or CAAHEP accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Minimum two (2) years experience performing the duties of a Medical Assistant.
- Experience with progressive responsibilities in leadership roles, process im provement work, or project management leading up to or including demonstrated readiness for direct supervision.
- One of the following four examination certifications is required: Current Certified medical assistant examination through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)**Preferred**, Registered medical assistant certification examination through American Medical Technologists (AMT), Clinical medical assistant certification examination through the National Health Career Association (NHA) or National certified medical assistant examination through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Medical Assistant – Certified designation by Washington State Department of Health (DOH).
- BLS for Healthcare providers.
- As per the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), for MA Supervisors performing moderately complex point of care testing, a copy of a diploma or transcript of the highest level of academic achievement to be on record with Human Resources upon hire. For personnel trained outside of the U.S., records of diploma/transcript must provide documented equivalency evaluation by a foreign credentialing agency.
- Supervisory experience in a health care setting or related field.
- Pediatric experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Urgent care experience as a Medical Assistant.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed