Provide business systems analysis, design, report development, application support, and customer/vendor relations management in support of business planning and operations (day-to-day sustaining), and special projects for technical solutions to ensure functionality and effectiveness of business management applications. Collaborate with key stakeholders, end users and project team members to identify and resolve issues regarding all phases of assigned projects, including assessment, design, testing, training, and implementation. As required, provide leadership on project tasks.
Digital Health and Population Health will transform the way medicine is practiced at Seattle Children’s and is a key strategic initiative. The Senior Business Systems Analyst will work to achieve the strategic and programmatic needs of the Digital Health and Population Health programs at Seattle Children’s. The Digital Health and Population Health strategy has four focus areas: care coordination, telehealth, patient engagement, and analytics. The Senior Telehealth Business Systems Analyst will support project implementation, management, maintenance, and evaluation in collaboration with Seattle Children's and community stakeholders, third party vendors, and our own IT teams. The Senior Telehealth Business Systems Analyst will develop business plans, run reports and evaluate the data against established criteria to support the business cases and develop business and technology plans.
Senior Analyst Accountabilities:
- Effectively use critical thinking skills as a senior level analyst to work effectively with other areas of business, digital health, population health, and IT
- Clearly communicate to provide instruction, direction and quality assurance across areas of business and IT
- Provide consulting to identify requirements and create technical solutions to business problems, and make recommendations to management that help set strategic and technical direction of the assigned system.
- Serve as liaison to business partners, PMO and IT departments
- Ensure adherence to health care industry best practices and IT policies
- Champion the use of process design and optimization along with emerging technologies to introduce new features and or functions to key stakeholders
- Collaborate effectively with other IT teams to implement new business process requirements for new products and features
- Actively manage vendor relationships with respect to solution offering comparisons, evaluating cost structures against alternatives and participating in vendor SOW reviews
- Develops methodologies for analyzing and presenting data in an effective manner
Support customers and peers:
- Research, document, analyze and recommend work initiatives to support business needs; collaborate with end users, stakeholders and leadership to facilitate decisions on system scope and objectives based on the user-defined needs
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and gather requirements for optimal solutions; ensure that users are adequately informed of initiatives, status and impacts to operations
- Facilitate and escalate business issues, providing leadership to resolve relatively complex issues with optimal solutions
- Prepare preliminary estimates to work plans, resource needs and work schedules of proposed business initiatives
- Document requests and findings, and facilitate training/education on application issues
- Provide support and mentor peers and team members as needed.
Support and oversee assigned applications and/or systems:
- Prepare and facilitate requirements gathering sessions with cross-functional audiences to clarify and prioritize specifications and configuration requirements
- Consult with business partners and project managers to assign, prioritize, and evaluate needs and requirements based on organization-wide objectives and initiatives
- Assess system performance; develop optimal improvements to process, configuration, code and schedule; develop procedures to solve complex problems
- Provide applications support: support production, web-based, and client/server applications
- Maintain and enhance existing applications and system integrations
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for system build, support and design diagrams
- Use the enterprise data warehouse to develop data strategy and validations, reporting, business analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Research best practices for business models for new population and digital health use cases and program development
- Support analysis for the planning, start-up, implementation and on-going operations of digital health and population health prodcuts
- Prepare internal executive reports to assess performance
Provide project management for digital health and population health projects:
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, guidance and research to manage assigned projects; coordinate issues amongst customers and peers
- Direct and communicate project status, schedules and risk assessments to senior managers as well as the project team
- Adhere to System Development Life Cycle methodology guidelines to manage and execute projects
- Develop work plan estimates, resource requirements and work schedules; review with Manager.
Support the Seattle Children's telehealth product:
- Create data analytical frameworks and decision tools to manage telehealth product lines
- Keep up to date on federal and state regulations relating deliver of telehealth services and reimbursement
- Develop business cases, including needs assessments, business and technology plans, and performance measures, and return on investment metrics and downstream impacts
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, OR equivalent combination of education/experience that demonstrates technical competency
- Minimum of five (5) years providing data and analysis in an information technology environment supporting enterprise strategies
- Proven experience and knowledge of project management skills, tools and methodologies
- Proven experience leading committees, projects and activities
- Proven ability to fully use and apply standard principles, theories and concepts related to technical discipline
- Experience with clinical, hospital and/or financial applications and/or systems.
- Knowledge of health industry; experience and ability to advance and build partnerships and facilitate positive, productive working relationships between diverse organizations
- Experience developing business cases, including evaluting needs, developing business and technology plans, and defining performance measures and assessing return on investment in the heatlh care sector and downstream impacts
- Experience working among delivery teams