Provide advanced assistance with medical clinic operations and monitoring of clinic flow. Perform individualized patient procedures, treatment and tests. Perform associated clinical clerical tasks including chart preparation, stocking clinic supplies and answering telephones.
Provide a wide range of difficult to complex administrative tasks. Responsibilities include the organization, prioritization and coordination of a moderate to high volume of work including confidential information. Duties include exceptional customer service to customers and visitors; creating, typing, editing, and proofreading various department documents; creating and maintaining filing systems; scheduling meetings and arranging travel; entering, extracting, and analyzing data into reports and presentations; assisting in budget preparation; auditing or reconciling financial statements and invoices; and managing workload required to complete projects.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience in the areas of customer service and/or office management including administrative work supporting senior level staff or management.
- Current Medical Assistant – Certified designation by Washington Department of Health (DOH)
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- One of the following certifications is required within 6 months of employment (this requirement applies to those who were grandfathered into the Medical Assistant-Certified certification from the Healthcare Assistant certification:
Current Certified medical assistant examination through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)**Preferred**, Registered medical assistant certification examination through American Medical Technologists (AMT), Clinical medical assistant certification examination through the National Health Career Association (NHA) or National certified medical assistant examination through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Knowledge of scheduling programs, e-mail, and voice mail. Additional software knowledge may be required for individual departments.
- Current Certification as a Medical Assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Medical Assistant or medical office experience
- Current Medical Assistant experience in Pediatrics, Urgent Care experience and/or Medical screening and immunization
- Healthcare/medical office experience.
- Project management assistance experience.