Provides administrative leadership and operations management for the Learning and Simulation Center (LSC) at Seattle Children’s Hospital (SCH). Responsible for management of LSC personnel. Oversees all simulation operations to ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with established standards, schedules and budgets to achieve program goals. Markets and leads organizational change and ongoing development of simulation-based education efforts at the home institution including outreach to other SCH facilities as well as outside institutions, etc. Meets with course faculty regularly to review program status and plan future courses and scheduling This position is the primary manager of the work and use of simulation in improving the skills, competence and performance of learners (physicians, nurses, and clinical care staff). The LSC Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining educational support for competency training of personnel providing medical care that supports hospital and educational goals. This responsibility includes operating in a safe and fiscally sound manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A combination of education and experience that includes a degree or certificate (e.g., Nurse, surgical technician, anesthesia technician, or medical assistant) and a minimum of three years practice experience in the medical field.
- Minimum of two years experience as an instructor in operations and management of high technology mannequins used in medical settings.
- Minimum two years experience in a supervisory position.
- Knowledge of the technical and operational aspects of medical procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of and comfort with using mannequin and audiovisual technology in teaching skills and competence of medical care providers.
- Demonstrated skill as an instructor using simulators.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort with computer-based equipment including use and troubleshooting of computers, simulators and audiovisual equipment.
- Experience in developing and testing scenarios for simulator operation and training.
- One year experience with operation and use of Laerdal simulators.