Perform sonographic examinations using equipment and techniques specific to the modality, anatomy, pathology, physiology and area of interest requested.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of and graduation from a formal AMA approved Diagnostic ultrasound program (AMA is the approver of CAAHEP accreditation; please refer to CAAHEP site to view complete listing of accredited programs).
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) credentialed; or able to obtain within six (6) months of employment provided student graduated from an accreditee ultrasound school.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) credentialed and two years of clinical ultrasound experience may be substituted for an accreditee Ultrasound school.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- Pediatric experience.