What you will do: Under general supervision, the Hospital Coder – Advanced is responsible for the collection of relevant, pertinent, accurate and timely diagnosis and/or procedural codes abstracted from all hospital case types including complex medical/surgical inpatient cases (such as neonates, pediatric cardiac surgery, pediatric cycle accounts, etc.) or other advanced types of services including surgical, observation, outpatient in a bed, and specialty procedures.. This includes effective use of hospital encoding systems and resources as well as recognizing what data can be abstracted, presented and interpreted for effective use throughout the hospital data cycle.. Performs other duties as assigned, which may include training others.
Employer Offerings: To attract and retain the best workforce, we provide competitive salaries, great benefits and excellent professional development. Those are some of the reasons Those are some of the reasons Becker’s Hospital Review listed us as one of 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare. Offerings include:
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds and thoughts because this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Each of us is respectfully encouraged to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes diversity and inclusion at all levels.
- Associates Degree or two years' college coursework in Health Information Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years hospital based coding experience.
- Minimum of 2 years hospital based coding experience at Seattle Children’s Hospital for internal applicants.
- One of the following credentials is required: AHIMA - Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), AHIMA - Certified Coding Specialist- Physician (CCS-P), AAPC- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), AAPC- Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- RHIT or RHIA Certified thru AHIMA.