Under general supervision, the Hospital Coder – Advanced is responsible for the collection of relevant, pertinent, accurate and timely diagnosis and/or procedural codes abstracted from all hospital case types including complex medical/surgical inpatient cases (such as neonates, pediatric cardiac surgery, pediatric cycle accounts, etc.) or other advanced types of services including surgical, observation, outpatient in a bed, and specialty procedures.. This includes effective use of hospital encoding systems and resources as well as recognizing what data can be abstracted, presented and interpreted for effective use throughout the hospital data cycle.. Performs other duties as assigned, which may include training others.
- Associates Degree or two years' college coursework in Health Information Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years hospital based coding experience.
- Minimum of 2 years hospital based coding experience at Seattle Children’s Hospital for internal applicants.
- One of the following credentials is required: AHIMA - Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), AHIMA - Certified Coding Specialist- Physician (CCS-P), AAPC- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), AAPC- Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- RHIT or RHIA Certified thru AHIMA.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed