Performs duties related to milk inventory and preparation including but not limited to: formula preperation, breastmilk fortification, breastmilk pasteurization and centrifugation, breastmilk and formula delivery and inventory management, interdisciplinary work with nursing, registered dietitians, diet technicians and lactation consultants, Safely clean and operate a variety of preparation and production. Interpret, implement and follow infection prevention and food safety regulations. Provide customer service to patients, visitors, and staff according to hospital and department expectations.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two (2) years of laboratory, OR four (4) years food service experience OR completion of a 4 year nutrition degree OR equivalent experience
- Demonstrated contribution to an improvement culture
- Proven excellence in customer service skills with patients, families and staff
- Washington State Food and Beverage Service Worker’s Permit obtained within 1 month of employment.
- College-level coursework
- 4 year degree program
- Cross-functional worker across multiple roles
- Experience in healthcare food service