Coordinates written, verbal, and technological communications from the nursing units, while providing a hospital wide transport service. Prioritizes tasks to help optimize patient care and flow through the hospital as service is requested. Facilitates communication and information flow between patients, families, and clinical staff for safe and effective patient hand-off. Provide exceptional customer service by serving as resource for information and collaborating with clinical staff for best patient experience. Partner with various internal departments to maintain wheelchair supply within the organization.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in fast paced, customer service related field.
- Current and active CNA License for State of Washington.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- College Degree (AA).
- One (1) year experience in a health care setting or related field.
- One (1) year experience in direct patient contact situations.