Assigns and oversees daily work to ensure tasks are completed. Identifies, addresses and as appropriate escalates workflow, non-routine issues and safety concerns. Models and guides behavior of team members. Perform a variety of food service and retail support activities as delegated by supervisor including but not limited to: production support, formula preparation, meal and snack assembly, delivery of food and formula for patients / families, staff, and catering customers, inventory and receiving, cashiering and patient menu selection. Safely clean and operate a variety of preparation and production. Interpret, implement and follow HACCP and other food safety regulations. Provide excellent customer service to patients, families, visitors, and staff according to hospital and department expectations.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four years of food service, customer service or relevant experience OR completion of 4 year undergraduate dietetics degree program
- Two years of experience in department OR previous lead experience in food service or retail.
- Demonstrated participation in Continuous Process Improvement activities
- Proven excellence in customer service skills with patients, families and staff
- Washington State Food and Beverage Service Worker’s Permit obtained within 1 month of employment.
- College-level coursework
- Cross-functional worker across multiple roles
- Experience in healthcare food or retail services