RN position with Seattle Children’s Home Care Infusion Services Team is based out of the Bothell Home Care location. Commute to and from main hospital campus and patient homes within patient service area is required. Mileage reimbursement provided per policy.
Nurses provide patient and caregiver infusion-based education, direct care for central line dressing changes and lab draws, PIV placement in conjunction with administration of in-home medication infusions, and phone triage for troubleshooting infusion related questions. This position is part of an interdisciplinary team that will create individualized care plans and monitor patient progress toward goals. Requires close collaboration with the patient and caregivers, providers, and other members of the care team to support care across the continuum. Participation in rotating on-call support for weekends and holidays is required.
Assists in meeting Seattle Children's strategic goals by incorporating the initiatives to support strategic plans into the daily work using techniques of continuous improvement and innovation.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, must provide copy of diploma
• Current Washington State RN License
• Minimum of one (1) year of pediatric nursing experience
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
• Valid WA State Driver's license with proof of automobile insurance and use of personal
vehicle is required on the job with driving record acceptable to Risk Management
• Knowledge of central line management and troubleshooting (PICC, Port, Hickman/Broviac) to
support home infusion
• Patient/family education experience
• Experience working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Flexibility, adaptability and experience functioning in dynamic work settings as patient care
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
• Home Infusion experience