Plan and coordinate services for patients and families who need procedure(s) done within medical specialty service lines to ensure that each customer encounter is positive, professional and efficient. Duties include: patient registration, clinic appointment scheduling (i.e. new, return, pre-op, post-op, PASS), diagnostic test scheduling, procedure scheduling under anesthesia, coordinating across services and with interpreters. Complete necessary steps for approval processes (i.e. insurance authorization, legal guardianship, provider privileges, overage approval). Fulfill OR block requirements to ensure maximum utilization.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Family Service Coordinator or equivalent clinical reception/coordinator experience.
- Associate’s Degree or at least two (2) years of college coursework in health care or related field.
- Significant experience working with the general public in a health care/customer service environment.
- Familiarity with other cultures/bilingual skills.