The Grundner Lab (www.grundnerlab.org) is looking for outstanding postdocs in microbiology or biochemistry with an interest in Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) pathogenesis.
We are seeking applicants who are highly motivated, driven, and independent. Applicants should be strong multi-taskers who thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This role offers the opportunity to work with Mtb in a BSL-3 laboratory. Training can be provided, but previous experience with BSL-3 work is a plus. We offer a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, highly collaborative lab with excellent technical support and exposure to a spectrum of state-of-the-art chemical biology, proteomics, and structural biology approaches to answer fundamental questions about Mtb pathogenesis.
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, or microbiology.
- Experience and strong interest in microbiology are required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work with a diverse team of scientists, including post-docs, students and technicians
- Ability to establish clear goals and to organize and prioritize work
- Prior experience with Mtb