Here at Seattle Children's we are united by a compelling mission: We provide hope, care and cures to help every child to live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Seattle Children's Research Institute is among the top 5 in National Institutes of Health funding - a sign that our physician-scientists are leaders in research that improves the outlook for children with a wide range of conditions.
Come join our team!
The Accountant I, Research position will develop, implement, and maintain Research accounting systems: journal entries, general ledger, activities module, grants management module, accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue reconciliation, etc. Account for federal, state, and private research grants, contracts, and gift funds so that they are managed in accordance with grantor and contractor requirements, which support Seattle Children’s mission as a health care delivery system. Review and interpret financial reporting requirements, rules, and regulations. Use professional accounting concepts. Apply company polices and procedures to resolve accounting issues.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum one year accounting experience.
- Healthcare accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Knowledge of MS Office, intermediate keyboarding skills, and ability to operate office equipment including phone and PC
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Able to work independently
- Able to work hours outside of normal schedule to meet deadlines as needed.