Under general supervision, provides assistance to SCH Social Workers and other hospital personnel in provision of direct services to patients. Plays a key role in assessing patient’s post hospital care / continuity of care needs and connecting patients/families with community resources. In collaboration with social workers, assumes responsibility for the provision of concrete resources such as housing, transportation, food assistance, etc.. Acts as a content expert in community resources and services to support patients, families, and the larger organization.
- Bachelors degree in a social science from an accredited university.
- At least five (5) years of experience, preferably in a medical or social work setting, and to include: customer service experience, experience working with computers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, detail oriented.
- Bachelors degree in social work.
- Bilingual in Spanish or other language.
- Working knowledge of entitlement programs, including Medicaid, Medicare Social Security Disability, WA State DSHS benefits/programs, etc.