Here at Seattle Children's, we are united by a compelling mission: We provide hope, care and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Join our Office of Animal Care and be a part of this incredible mission and support groundbreaking research discoveries. Seattle Children's Research Institute is among the top 5 in National Institutes of Health funding - a sign that our physician-scientists are leaders in research that improves the outlook for children with a wide range of conditions.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights
• Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
• Transportation Discounts: Unlimited ORCA transit pass, Company bike program, on-site zip cars, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage
• State of the art facilities-New Building Cure™ opening in 2019!
Want to know what it is like to work at Seattle Children's? Read more about our culture and facilities, check out our TheMuse page for an inside look into what Seattle Children's is all about!
Conduct laboratory animal care and associated support duties according to standards set forth by the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (the Guide) to achieve and/or maintain full accreditation status with the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC).
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years animal husbandry experience in a laboratory setting
- American Assn. for Laboratory Animal Science ALAT Certification
- Minimum of two (2) years animal husbandry experience with mice and rats
- Experience in rodent colony production techniques and maintenance
- Experience operating cage washers and autoclaves.