Here at Seattle Children's we are united by a compelling mission: We provide hope, care and cures to help every child to live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Seattle Children's Research Institute is among the top 5 in National Institutes of Health funding - a sign that our physician-scientists are leaders in research that improves the outlook for children with a wide range of conditions.
Come join our team!
This Research Associate 1 – Bench will be working with Dr. Vishal Nigam, a physician scientist who cares for children born with cardiac defects. Dr. Nigam is specifically looking mentor an independent self starter who can work in autonomous settings but also collaborate when needed. You will check on mice, do some ordering and complete a series of experiments as determined several weeks in advance. If you have interest in being published, it is highly likely that by the end of your time with Dr. Nigam you will be middle author or a co-author on some of his research.
If you’d like to be part of research that helps discover why kids are born with heart defects and those outcomes, then this might be the role for you.
Dr. Vishal Nigam bio
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights
- Bachelor’s Degree in microbiology, biochemistry, immunology, or related field
- Minimum one (1) year of laboratory research experience.
- Previous experience with techniques in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Familiarity with computers, including data entry and spreadsheets
- Experience analyzing data using spreadsheets and statistical analysis.