Preference for Masters prepared candidates. Seeking those with knowledge of deployment, billing practices, access, and RVU understanding.
What you will do: Manage Craniofacial Center administrative operations in a manner that meets organizational goals. In partnership with the physician chiefs and service line director, develop and implement strategic initiatives and tactics for improved efficiency, program growth, improved quality, enhanced efficiency, improved patient access, enhanced patient and referring provider satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Three years of supervisory/management experience in a hospital or complex health care environment.
- Experience with practice operations, quality improvement, and management of healthcare providers.
- Master’s degree (MHA, MBA, or related field).
- Five years supervisory/management experience in a hospital or complex health care environment.
- Experience in program planning and business development.
- CPI/lean management training and experience.