The Behavioral Intervention Educator in the Autism Early Intervention Program will provide oversight and management of the therapeutic milieu (classroom) and assist the Lead Behavioral Therapist with all program activities. Major duties include working closely with Lead Behavioral Therapist, Early Intervention Program Director and other involved professionals (e.g., speech pathologist, social worker) to develop and implement comprehensive intervention programming to address patient developmental and behavioral needs. Duties will also include responsibility for the daily operations of the milieu (classroom), including developing and maintaining the schedule of activities, insuring appropriate staffing, and developing and overseeing group activities that address a range of developmental needs (e.g., social, communication). Supervision duties will include insuring appropriate implementation of each child’s individual therapy program during individual and group instruction, providing ongoing feedback to the Therapist Assistants staffing the program in regard to their direct instruction and documentation requirements, and collaborating with the Lead Behavioral Therapist and Early Intervention Program Director to provide formal feedback to Therapist Assistants as appropriate. Duties also include daily data collection on programs and skills; oral and written updates on patient progress; assisting with goal revision and program development as appropriate; attendance at weekly rounds and other related meetings; and assisting in discharge planning activities (e.g., permanent product portfolios, video taped sessions for parents, etc.).
- Master’s degree in social sciences, special education, psychology, communication disorders, or related field.
- Minimum two years experience working with children with autism, either providing behavioral interventions or working in a classroom setting.
- WA State Teaching Certificate: Early Childhood Special Education or Special Education P-12 Endorsement.
- Board Certification in Behavior Analysis (BCBA) or demonstrated equivalent level of experience.
- WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential (must obtained within 2 months after being hired, as support of the agency is a requirement of this credential).
- WA State Certified Counselor or Licensed Mental Health Counselor credential.
- One year experience working in educational or classroom setting.
- Previous experience supervising others in their implementation of ABA interventions.