Hope. Care. Cures.
Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty center at the forefront of pediatric care. Our goal is to be the country’s #1 children’s hospital.
We seek quality people with the right skills. We look for team players who want to work at the top of their skill level and continually improve the care we provide.
We are proud to receive awards and recognition. They recognize the high-quality care we give our patients and families and the supportive work environment we provide.
Our Neurosurgery & Neurosciences team has a unique role for an RN to work on Quality improvement, Performance improvement and Research. The QA Research RN will work in partnership with surgeons, advanced providers, and service line direction to measure, evaluate and improve the clinical outcomes and participate in clinical research.
Also responsible for assessing and evaluating patient medical information to determine eligibility for clinical studies and maintaining national databases used to provide benchmarks. Obtaining patient consents to participate in studies, collection, and submission of studies’ data as per protocol and within the scope of practice. Additional responsibilities include assessing and interpreting patient medical information and submitting appropriate information in a timely manner to local databases (to determine patient acuity) or other research and national databases approved by Seattle Children’s for participation. Participate in the overall quality improvement plan.
- Minimum of three (3) years of current pediatric experience as a Registered Nurse.
- A minimum of one (1) year research experience, which may include coordination or participation in research studies.
- Current Washington State Registered Nurse License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers. Current PEARS or PALS certification will be accepted in lieu of BLS.
- Current Pediatric experience.
- Current clinical research experience, which may include coordination or participation in research studies.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing.