Responsible for independently evaluating, selecting, and applying standardized scientific procedures and techniques to carry out research/development activities in a particular scientific discipline. Has broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of field of specialization. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Makes detailed observations, analyzes and interprets data and writes manuscripts/grant proposals. Collaborates with principal investigator, taking direct responsibility for carrying out research and development activities. Considerable effort (25% or more) may be dedicated to seeking independent outside research funding.
- Master’s Degree or higher in a scientific discipline, or a related field; may require a PhD for certain lab specialties.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a related area of scientific study.
- Experience analyzing data using imaging software.
- Experience with laboratory coordination.
- PhD in molecular or cellular biology, immunology, biochemistry, or a related area
- Substantial prior experience and knowledge in designing, executing, and analyzing in vivo studies
- Experience in mouse procedures such as peritoneal injections, tail vein injections, retro orbital eye bleeds, stereotaxic surgeries, tissue harvest, etc. are preferred.
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry
- Experience in assay development, execution, analysis, and troubleshooting
- Experience working in Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulated environment and understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements
- Experience with tissue culture, biochemistry and molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent computer skills and extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, FlowJo, GraphPad, ELN, Living Image
- Knowledge in writing and implementing IACUC protocols