The Director of Care Management and Care Coordination is responsible to develop, implement, manage and measure a continuum-based operating model for care management and care coordination for Seattle Children’s Care Network. In collaboration with the Sr. Director of Operations and the Chief Medical Officer, this position works closely with SCCN pediatric primary care and specialty practices, Seattle Children’s Hospital case management, and health plan utilization and care management to develop and deploy an operating model that helps assure cost effective, appropriate utilization of health care resources, care management of high risk and rising risk patients, supports transitions of care planning and follow up, and coordinates care among varied healthcare sites and specialties. This position also implements care management metrics to ensure efficacy of the model. This role both directs a centralized care management team, and works as an advisor and consultant to SCCN practices in the delivery of care management services in support of value based care contracts, health homes and other fee-for-value arrangements on behalf of SCCN.
- Masters Degree in health care administration, nursing, social work, public health, business administration, or comparable field.
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience in a hospital, health plan, clinic or health care setting, and a minimum of five (5) years clinical experience.
- Experience in utilization review or care/case management.
- A combination of experience, education and training which substantially demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities as a leader able to rapidly lead change in a complex healthcare environment across multiple disciplines and departments.
- Current Washington State RN license or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- BSN preferred
- Certified Case Manager preferred
- Experience in pediatrics
- Experience in population health or accountable care