Responsible for ensuring that charges for Radiology are captured comprehensively and in a timely, accurate, and complete manner. Conduct orientation and provide training to other staff involved in the charge process so they can support the activity. The work involves integration of various data systems including Radnet (for Data Capture), Lawson (for material) and Epic (for charge entry). Provide diagnostic and procedural documentation support for the Department of Radiology hospital and physician clinical revenue cycle. Bridge revenue cycle and radiology workflows to ensure consistency and compliance. Partner with Radiology leadership to adapt billing processes in line with national changes in billing guidelines and standards. Check completeness of clinician documentation to assure inclusion of required report components to optimize appropriate reimbursement. Position reports through Revenue Integrity and Coding, and has a matrixed reporting responsibility with Radiology Administration.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in a health care setting or related field.
- Mimimum one (1) year experience in Radiology operations or administration.
- Certified Coding Assistant (CCA) must be completed completed within 6 months of employment.
- Bachelors Degree or at least two (2) years of college coursework in Medical/Health Records or related field.
- Coding experience in hospital or a physician practice, preferably specific to Radiology.