The Sather lab is recruiting a highly motivated, high energy laboratory technician for our program in immunology and vaccine development. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, and must be able to work independently and precisely. Prior experience in cell culture, ELISA, western blot, PCR/cloning, and standard molecular and microbiology techniques is highly desired. Willingness to to work directly with murine models of vaccine and immunity is required, and training will be provided. Our lab is working to develop vaccines for HIV-1 and Malaria, and welcomes passionate, articulate, and dynamic researchers to join our mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of science or technology OR college-level coursework in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, or in a related science curriculum AND equivalent lab experience.
- Data entry and/or word processing experience
- Experience in analyzing data using spreadsheets and statistical analysis
- At least two (2) years experience in a laboratory/research setting
- Research experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, and tissue culture techniques may be preferred.