The purpose of this position is to coordinate patient admission to the ED or inpatient units and provide patient family support services to ensure that each customer encounter is positive, professional and efficient while also fulfilling all revenue cycle related requirements for optimal reimbursement. Duties may include: patient check in, medical record creation, collecting and updating patient demographic and financial information, obtaining consent for care, collecting co-pays, answering incoming phone calls, coordinating interpreter services, ordering medical records and checking in or scheduling ambulatory appointments. Staff in this role also perform administrative duties for Emergency Department or Inpatient care units to support and facilitate high quality, efficient patient care by the allied clinical team, (physicians, fellows, residents, ARNP’s, nurses, behavior health professionals, social workers, MIC’s, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years paid experience in a high volume customer service position.
- Paid or volunteer experience working in a multicultural setting.
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement.
- Paid or volunteer customer service experience in a healthcare environment.
- Experience working with children.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Bi-lingual proficiency.
- Experience using medical terminology.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed