Seattle Children’s has an exciting opportunity to be a part of the Pediatric Clinical Research Center as a Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant will work in an interdisciplinary team to provide patients and family centered care to kids participating in clinical trials. This role will also serve as an important part of our team, who is primarily responsible for rooming patients, collecting key data (anthropometric measurements, vitals, blood draws, EKGs) for research studies. This unit provides care to participants that span many disease processes so this position will interface with many different patient populations.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current Medical Assistant – Certified designation by Washington Department of Health (DOH)
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- One of the following certifications is required within 6 months of employment (this requirement applies to those who were grandfathered into the Medical Assistant-Certified certification from the Healthcare Assistant certification:
Current Certified medical assistant examination through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)**Preferred**, Registered medical assistant certification examination through American Medical Technologists (AMT), Clinical medical assistant certification examination through the National Health Career Association (NHA) or National certified medical assistant examination through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Phlebotomy and EKG expereince
- Current Certification as a Medical Assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Medical Assistant or medical office experience
- Current Medical Assistant experience in Pediatrics, Urgent Care experience and/or Medical screening and immunization