Here at Seattle Children's we are united by a compelling mission: We provide hope, care and cures to help every child to live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Seattle Children's Research Institute is among the top 5 in National Institutes of Health funding - a sign that our physician-scientists are leaders in research that improves the outlook for children with a wide range of conditions.
Come join our team!
The Immunotherapy Integration Hub and the Ben Towne Center for Childhood Cancer Research (BTCCCR) at Seattle Children's Research Institute (SCRI) seeks to develop innovative new cellular therapies and translate these advances to groundbreaking clinical trials for children with the most aggressive forms of cancer. The Center's long-term mission is to eventually replace cancer therapies such as radiation and chemotherapy with "smart" therapies capable of eliminating cancer with precision, leaving the body unharmed.
This is an opportunity for a Research Scientist to join the Correlative Studies Laboratory. Responsibilities will include daily specimen processing and flow cytometry assays of incoming clinical trial samples; aiding in general laboratory upkeep; and maintaining a constructive laboratory environment. The candidate should have excellent oral, writing and organizational skills, careful attention to detail, highly organized in data presentation and record keeping, integrity, credibility and a positive attitude in daily performance.
NOTE – This position is great for someone with a degree and laboratory experience after degree. This person will learn about clinical trials, process samples and gain lots of experience with tissue culture. This position is well suited for someone considering a possible future in the medical field. This is NOT a research position nor is it patient facing.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights
• Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children's is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
• Employee Centric: Rated #10 on Forbes Best Employer list
• Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
• Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage
Want to know what it is like to work at Seattle Children's? Read more about our culture or check out our TheMuse page for an inside look into Seattle Children's.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or scientific discipline .
- Prior experience in a laboratory setting; may include relevant educational programs.
- Significant experience conducting research in area of specialization.
- Some experience with laboratory management.