What you will do: Maintain and continue to develop an expert level of knowledge about Revenue Cycle billing and authorization processes for Seattle Children’s Revenue Cycle Hospital, Professional and Specialty lines of business such that timely, accurate and professional customer service can be provided to callers (patient families, internal contacts, community members) seeking assistance with a breadth of inquiries from a primary phone line. The majority of callers should be assisted to their satisfaction without the call needing to be transferred to someone else to respond.
Employer Offerings: To attract and retain the best workforce, we provide competitive salaries, great benefits and excellent professional development. Those are some of the reasons Those are some of the reasons Becker’s Hospital Review listed us as one of 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare. Offerings include:
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds and thoughts because this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Each of us is respectfully encouraged to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes diversity and inclusion at all levels.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years relevant experience on a Revenue Cycle team at Seattle Children’s or a prior employer.
- Demonstrated competency of Revenue cycle terminology and concepts.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Experience with a multi-line phone environment.
- Demonstrated competency using Epic and Microsoft Office system applications.
Or, completion of the Seattle Children's Revenue Cycle Coordinator program.
- 3 years or more relevant experience on a Revenue Cycle team at Seattle Children’s or a prior employer.
- Medical coding or terminology experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or certified medical billing credential such as CPAT.
- Basic project management experience.