Here at Seattle Children's we are united by a compelling mission: We provide hope, care and cures to help every child to live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Seattle Children's Research Institute is among the top 5 in National Institutes of Health funding - a sign that our physician-scientists are leaders in research that improves the outlook for children with a wide range of conditions.
Come join our team!
This position is not managing people but the operations of the lab. No direct reports.
Responsible for helping oversee the day-to-day operational needs of the laboratory including:
It is expected that the incumbent be facile with the technical aspects of assays conducted in the laboratory, the devises used for these assays, and the handling of resulting data sets. As needed, the incumbent will provide scientific support including planning and conducting experiments.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights
• Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children's is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
• Employee Centric: Rated #10 on Forbes Best Employer list
• Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
• Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage
Want to know what it is like to work at Seattle Children's? Read more about our culture or check out our TheMuse page for an inside look into Seattle Children's.
- Bachelor's Degree in Cellular/Molecular Biology, or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years laboratory research experience (type of experience may vary based on lab needs), to include experience with laboratory management, LIMS, and GLP/cGMP.
- Experience with a broad range of techniques for analyzing cell function and molecular biology.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with computers, data entry and spreadsheets.
- Experience with Process Development of Biotech Therapeutics.
- Experience in Quality Control practices utilized in the biotech sector.