The role of the Registration Coordinator is an essential part of the patient facing registration experience by providing support and ensuring each patient encounter is positive, professional and efficient. The primary function of this role is to create new registrations, check patients in for scheduled and walk-in clinical visits throughout the outpatient setting of the hospital. Registration Coordinator duties may also include: scheduling patient return visit appointments, coordinating care with other services, minimizing clinic access delays, triaging patient calls to appropriate resources, collecting and/or updating demographic and insurance information, collecting co-pays, identifying legal guardians, medical decision makers and maintaining standards for infection prevention, and establishing systems and resources to improve processes and efficiency of the patient experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service and/or administrative support experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working in a health care setting or related field.
- Significant experience working with the general public in a health care/customer service environment.
- Familiarity with other cultures/bilingual skills.