Responsible for managing clinical documentation, document imaging, and transcription services that include: ensuring documents meet regulatory requirements, quality standards and turnaround time expectations; identify and lead HIM efforts to improve quality and increase efficiency of medical record documentation and health Information processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years healthcare, health information management or information technology experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Experience developing, leading, and managing projects.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification
- Experience with computerized patient record systems
- Experience in academic medical center(s), working directly with medical and senior administrative staff.