Oversee daily laboratory operations and supervise the Electro neurodiagnostic (END) Technologists; direct the hiring, training and work performance of assigned staff. Coordinate support service activities involving the stocking and maintenance of equipment and supplies required to effectively run the Neurology/EEG Department. Perform routine, special and complex electro neurodiagnostic procedures as needed; perform Continuous EEG (cEEG) monitoring in the Intensive Care, epilepsy monitoring in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU); record electrical activity arising primarily from the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, or somatosensory systems using a variety of techniques and instruments; provide technical interpretation of data. Develop, implement and monitor quality assurance programs that comply with hospital and professional standards and ensure that each customer encounter is positive, accurate, efficient, and professional.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years of experience in a Lead Electro neurodiagnostic position in a neurophysiology laboratory, including two years performing EEG, evoked potential, and other complex electrophysiologic studies.
- R.EEGT certification by the American Board of Registration of Electro neurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET) and within 6 months of employment, a minimum of one additional Neurodiagnostic Certification (Evoked Potentials, LTM, or CNIM)
- BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a biological science or related healthcare field
- Supervisory experience in a pediatric setting.