Radiology Nursing at Seattle Children’s Hospital support nursing care and patient safety during Radiology exams, including exams done in MRI, CT, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine This consists of, but is not limited to starting IVs and accessing ports for contrast studies, as well as supporting patients during induction and recovery for exams requiring anesthesia. We provide care to newborns-adults, covering every specialty supported. We support patient care in each imaging modality, as well as in our 5 recovery bays, IV room, and patient treatment room. It is a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team, including radiologists, anesthesiologists, technologists, and Child Life specialists. Hours of operations in Radiology Nursing are as follows: Monday-Friday 6:30a- 7:30p, weekend hours 7:30 a – 6:30 p. After hours/calls support if offered for urgent exams that require anesthesia only. There are required, scheduled weekend shift rotations and on-call expectations (shifts vary). Recent Critical Care nursing experience (i.e. Emergency Dept., ICU, PACU).
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum three 18 months years of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Strong IV skills
Previous critical care experience preferred (ICU, Emergency Department ,PACU)
- Current Washington State RN License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- Successfully obtain PALS within 90-days of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Current Pediatric nursing experience.
- Current Radiology nursing experience.
- Previous critical care experience preferred (ICU, Emergency Department ,PACU)