The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation clinical trial coordinating center and research organization at Seattle Children’s Hospital Research Institute has an opening for an experienced Biostatistician to join a devoted and growing team of local and national investigators to advance therapies and find a cure for children and adults living with cystic fibrosis. Our group is a cohesive mix of Biostatistical faculty and staff, statistical programmers, data managers, clinical operations staff, and physicians/scientists.
• Serve as lead statistician on clinical trials or observational studies and participate in various phases of clinical research including pre-study planning, protocol and statistical analysis plan development
• Work effectively and collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams
• Oversee work of other statisticians, statistical programmers and data managers
• Implement statistical methods for analysis of data from clinical trials, observational studies, registries and data banks
• Conduct and oversee interim and final study reporting including data safety monitoring board reports, analyses, and manuscript preparation
• Interface and consult with principal investigators regarding hypothesis generation, study design, protocol development and implementation, analysis and interpretation of results
• Contribute to productivity and process improvements
• Clinical trial design and execution, epidemiologic analyses, comparative effectiveness research or Bayesian/adaptive clinical trial design
• Demonstrated knowledge in statistical methods and concepts
• Strong statistical programming skills in SAS, R or similar statistical package
• Working in multidisciplinary teams
• Project management in particular as it pertains to analytic projects
• Co-authoring publications
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Those with industry and/or academic backgrounds are welcome to apply. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to implement methods in one or more of the following areas: biomarkers and surrogacy, orphan disease therapeutics, clinical trial design (adaptive and Bayesian), survival outcomes and analysis, and epidemiology. The Seattle Children’s Research Institute is an innovative leader in pediatric health and wellness through quality, clinical care, relentless spirit of inquiry, and compassion for children and their families.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Public Health or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience, or PhD in Statistics or Biostatistics with three (3) years related experience.
- Clinical study related experience.
- Statistical Project Management experience.