We have an exciting opportunity for a Work Study Student to join Seattle Children's Research Finance team! This position will work under the direct supervision of the Research Finance Manager between 10 to 19 hours/week responsible for the following:
- Support the accounting for federal, state, and private research grants, contracts, and gift funds by performing account closeouts and working on A/R, among other entry-level accounting tasks
- Perform routine office/administrative tasks such as document scanning and data entry
- Other duties as assigned
Students in this job will gain practical experience in research finance at Seattle Children's, which is ranked among the national top 5 pediatric research institutions.
- Currently enrolled in college level courses at an accredited university or training program in related field of work study.
- Washington State Work Study Eligible.
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn new systems
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Access)
- Undergraduate coursework in business, economics, and/or accounting
- Interest in fiscal operations in a research, federally grant-funded environment
- Administrative/clerical experience in a health care setting or related field.
- Familiar with hospital or research settings.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.