We are currently looking for someone to join our team as a CASHIER in our café at the main hospital campus in Seattle.
Your primary responsibilities will include processing transactions on the cash register, stocking items in the café (ability to lift up to 20 lbs), keeping the café and dining rooms clean as well as providing excellent customer service to our patients, families, staff and visitors. We are looking for someone with a shining personality that genuinely enjoys making people smile. The ability to work in fast paced environment is a must, and due to the high volume of customers we serve, accuracy and attention to detail are very important.
Other duties include: helping customers resolve issues/complaints effectively; sharing feedback and contributing to a continuously improving work environment; ensure displays are merchandised attractively and per standard; maintain proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards; clean equipment and floors in café as needed; maintain a professional appearance at all times; willingness to work in other areas as needed. Applicants with cashiering experience are preferred.
Those with a combination of food service and retail/customer service background are highly encouraged to apply!
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year of food service, customer service or relevant experience; OR completion of 4 year undergraduate dietetics degree program
- Washington State Food and Beverage Service Worker’s Permit obtained within 1 month of employment.
- Healthcare food service experience
- One year of customer service experience
- College-level coursework
- Cross-functional worker across multiple roles
- Point Of Sale experience