Perform a variety of food service support activities including but not limited to: stocking nourishment rooms, family lounges and clinics around the hospital with an emphasis on FIFO, maintaining an inventory par system using bins, transporting food and supplies between our two kitchens and other areas of the hospital, communicating with the storeroom team and your nourishment room partner, maintaining clean fridges daily and deep cleaning all refrigerators monthly. Interpret, implement and follow HACCP and other food safety regulations. Provide customer service to patients, visitors, and staff according to hospital and department expectations. Keep standard work and job aids up to date and in compliance with ISO 9001 standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four years of food service experience OR completion of 4 year undergraduate dietetics degree program
- Demonstrated participation in Continuous Process Improvement activities
- Proven excellence in customer service skills with patients, families and staff
- Washington State Food and Beverage Service Worker’s Permit obtained within 1 month of employment.
- College-level coursework
- Cross-functional worker across multiple roles
- Experience in healthcare food service